Enquire NowContact us now to discuss how you could save energy and cost
AHU Plug Fan Retrofit Upgrade
Our Air Handling Unit Plug Fan Upgrade package is one of our main initiatives currently being offered.
A Plug Fan retrofit consist of removing the existing belt drive AC fans and installing multiple plug fans in an array into an existing AHU.
This creates multiple advantages:
- An energy saving of 30-40%
- Increased life span of the AHU
- Redundancy during a fan failure
- Lower Noise
- No maintenance costs (no belts, pulleys or grease)
- A measurable return on investment
- Improved air quality due to plastic composite impellers being utilized
In the Middle East region, we aim for 3-5 years return on investment, where energy savings achieved will offset the cost of the full project. Anything after this, is a cost saving.
We don’t just supply the fans; we design, install, project manage and commission the fans to existing design requirements, including any Controls that are required.
Chiller EC Fan Retrofit
Our Chiller fan upgrade solution is a very simple and quick retrofit solution that offers many benefits, with an energy saving of between 30-40%
The solution is best conducted on old Chillers that utilize On/Off fans according to a discharge pressure switch.
The benefits of the Chiller retrofit package are as follows:
- The new EC Axial fan will modulate according to the Chiller load, reducing energy at part loads
- A more stable discharge pressure, further adding to energy reduction on the compressor
- Increased even airflow across the whole condenser coil
- A modern, efficient motor and fan impeller design, manufactured from modern composite material
- Noise reduction at all speeds compared to an AC motor
- Increased lifespan of the fans
A Chiller condenser fan retrofit can be offered as a package which includes a simple pressure speed controller that fits to the existing Chiller pipework. The job can often be completed in 1 day with minimal downtime.
Electronic Expansion Valve Retrofit
Electronic Expansion Valve upgrades consist of removing the existing mechanical Thermal Expansion Valve from the system and installing a modern Electronic Expansion Valve.
This allows for much more precise control of the refrigeration parameters giving many benefits over a mechanical valve due to utilizing an electric motor to drive the valve at a higher range of motion.
An overview of the benefits are as follows:
- A reduction in discharge pressure allowing for immediate energy cost savings
- More stable control conditions allowing for energy savings at equipment components, such as compressors
- Automatic system optimization as opposed to mechanical calibrating a TEV
- An overall energy reduction of 20-30%
IT Cooling EC Fan Retrofit
Data Centres are one of the most energy consuming parts of a building. Because the servers need to run 24/7, 365 days a week, so does the IT cooling equipment. This means there are many opportunities to reduce energy by upgrading older existing components.
One of the main disadvantages of older IT cooling units, is that the fans run at a fixed constant speed. By simply changing the AC fixed speed fan to a higher efficiency EC fan, means that the fan speed can vary according to the IT load throughout the day.
An overview of the benefits are as follows:
- The fan will vary it speed according to the IT load, saving energy at low demand periods
- The EC motor is more efficient than an equivalent AC motor
- A modern impeller design contributes to lower energy consumption
- By lowering fan speeds, noise will reduce
- An increased lifespan of the equipment
The low cost of this upgrade is often surprising and can be offered in a simple package. Return on Investment figures of 1 year, is not uncommon.The first step is visiting the equipment and conducting a free energy analysis to propose the correct solution.
Controls Optimization can often be a simple upgrade to existing HVAC equipment. This can actually be as little as optimizing the controls that are currently installed or ensuring correct setpoints are being maintained.
Controls Optimization can also be the addition of extra microprocessors, control devices or sensors, to fine tune the condition of environment or space.
This can include the following:
- Addition of Fan speed controllers to existing AC fans
- Addition of Inverter drives
- Scheduling by date, time or temperature